July 3, 2009

Peru

Day 1: Went to a bunch of musems, got ripped off by cab drivers and tour guides, saw a good chunk of Lima. AKA: Off to a expected start in a strange country. The hostel I'm staying in is pretty cool. "For What It's Worth" by the Buffalo Springfields is playing. Not so shabby, eh N? I could pretend to be brave and say I know what the fuck I'm doing, but the truth is it's pretty damn scary being in a strange country, currently by myself, without really knowing what to do. But I'll tough it out.

In keeping with the central theme of food of this blog, I will comment on the first Peruvian meal I had, called Lomo Saltados, basically marinated beef (or pork, wasn't really sure, tasted like beef by translator says pork) cooked with onions, can't upload pictures here, so just go google it yourselves. The flavors was very strong. The dipping sauce for the french fries was made from fresh jalapenos, so needless to say my mouth burned afterwards. Overall it was quite delicious =D. Anyway, it's 3 in the morning now, I need to get to bed. Wish me luck on another day of adventures, y'all!

3 comments:

  1. that comment about spicy food reminded me of your chicken enchiladas, and the morning after, the afternoon, and then later again that night...hope the jalapeƱos you had werent as bad =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having fun! Good luck with the work - hope I catch you online sometimes. :D

    ReplyDelete